If you’ve been listening to the podcast for a while now, you know that FavYogis has been sponsoring the podcast! After 6 months of using the app and working with them, I had the chance to interview the founder and CEO, Temitope Sonuyi.
Temitope is a yogi, yoga teacher, and a programmer! After experiencing challenges in his own yoga business he decided to design an app to solve those problems. As he started talking to more and more yoga teachers, he realized that he wasn’t alone in his need for an app that allowed people to see your schedule at all yoga studios.
FavYogis launched just over a year ago and since then, the app has changed a lot. They’ve add functions including students being able can pay right from the app, allowing push notifications to your followers, a personal page that your students can look at without the app, the ability to add the app to your website, and so much more.
Of course, Temitope also shares some of the biggest lessons he’s learned through his career!
Business Lessons from this Episode:
- You can’t change others, you can only change yourself
- Make it easy for your students to find you and pay you
- Most people are on mobile, so it’s good to have somewhere that people can find you from their mobile devices
- Having your students follow you on FavYogis allows you to send them push notifications, which is more than your website can do
- How FavYogis is changing the game for yoga teachers
- Schedule for all studios in one place
- The ability to take payment from there
- The ability to add your website and social media
- The ability to send push notifications to your followers
- Embed a line of code on your website so you only have to update your schedule in one place
- Blend the things you love! There is never anything too far fetched to combine with your yoga business!
- Be of service, and ask what people need
- It’s better to put something out there than to wait until it’s perfect
- And much more… Here’s the episode!
Connect with Temitope: